The Business Development Manager is responsible for driving revenue into the agency by managing the new business development cycle, from securing a robust and profitable book of business, to ensuring the account management team successfully implements the tactics, to monitoring the effectiveness of the strategy.
The ideal candidate is a marketing-minded sales professional with a history of proven success. To thrive in this role, you must have a desire for growth and motivation to succeed. With success and growth, this position provides an opportunity for generous compensation, future advancement, and team building.
- Identify and research qualified national prospects, then establish and cultivate relationships with them to advance them through the sales funnel
- Coordinate agency’s marketing efforts to attract leads, including email marketing, social media, newsletters, ad campaigns and networking events
- Respond to incoming website and phone leads
- Assist in creating sales proposals
- Participate in sales presentations
- Promote and encourage additional opportunities with existing clients
- Acquire referrals from existing clients and partners
- Utilize a CRM tool to track and manage all prospects
- Regularly communicate status of pipeline with agency Principals
- Meet agreed-upon quarterly & yearly goals and client quotas
- Degree in Communications, Marketing or Business Administration
- Must be an experienced sales professional
- Prefer 5+ years of business development experience selling professional services
- Proven track record of meeting or exceeding sales goals
- Marketing background or experience is a plus
- Basic understanding of website design principles is a plus
- Must exude professionalism & possess outstanding communicative and social skills
- Respond well to a motivation-based compensation plan that includes base salary, commissions, and performance-based bonuses
- Must have successful time management and organization methods
- Must be a go-getter with a positive attitude
- Prefer experience with Google G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience with Google G Suite and Microsoft Office Suite is a must
Compensation & Benefits:
- Health insurance
- Dental and vision insurance
- LTD, AD&D and life insurance
- 401K with matching
And, on Fridays we work from home and shut down at noon, which is the equivalent of an additional 26 days off per year!
How to Apply:
Submit your application online. To be considered, please include the following THREE items – 1) cover letter – tell us about yourself & why you’re the perfect candidate, 2) resume, and 3) compensation goals. No phone calls please.